Finding moments of family togetherness becomes more difficult in the modern rhythm of life.There was a time when the dinner table was the real “temple” of family communication in the house. But today, how to reconcile modern habits, an active lifestyle and work schedule with a wonderful tradition of sharing cozy get-togethers?
Here are some practical tips to help your family find moments every day for emotional conversations. And, of course, draw your attention to things that distract us.
1. Television and telephones must be turned off and set aside.Eating should be a period of calm, a kind of pause. TV, iPhones, iPads and other gadgets should be removed away from the dining table. It is important that this rule applies to all family members.
2. Refuse the "interrogation method".Often, when we complain that our children have stopped talking to us, it only means that they no longer respond to our questions. "How are you today?", "What did you do at school?" More often than not, you hear the meager “Normal” and “Nothing,” which only get on your nerves. What to do? We need to take the initiative in their hands. We begin to discuss what happened to us during the day. We talk about situations about which it will be interesting for children to express their opinions. It is much easier to know what they think and what they live about when the decision to talk about their business comes from them.Our task is to be an interesting conversationalist.and not to perceive the conversation with the child as his duty to report.
3. Avoid conflicts.Family relationships are not always easy, especially when children get older. It is very important to make time at the dinner table associated with security, general reconciliation and pleasant communication. Even if it is a temporary truce, it is much more productive than trying to tell each other and the children all their complaints during the family dinner.
4. Teach your children good manners by example.Use a joint meal, when everyone is friendly, to show children how to behave in society. These should not be teachings and a series of remarks, but the possibility in an easy form by example to prepare children for the norms of behavior in society. Basics of etiquette will help in the future to make a good impression and enjoy the communication.
5. Mom and dad work in the evening?It is important that children do not lose communication. Getting together at the table is a great way to spend time together. If the work schedule does not allow you to do this in the evening, try to choose a time that is suitable for your family. It can be breakfasts, dinners once a week on a day off, and maybe an ice cream parlor where you will run up to your family and indulge yourself with your favorite desserts.
What really matters is the quality of communication. Dissolve in communication with your loved ones. When you have the opportunity to spend time together - live at the most every minute.