Many know such a utility as Mail Ru Agent. About how to delete the Mail Ru agent, our article will tell.
To remove or modify this utility, you must:
- Go to the "Start" menu, then in the "Settings" submenu and select the item called "Control Panel" in it;
- Then select "Add or Remove Programs", find the agent in a new window of this item and click on the "Delete" button.
With this method, you will remove the program from your operating system, but there may be unpleasant traces of the activity of this program. To delete them you need:
- Go to the "Start" menu;
- In the window of this menu enter the command "msconfig" and select the menu item of the same name and click on it with the left mouse button;
- In a new window called "System Configuration", you must select the "Services", "Startup" tabs;
- Now you need to find Guard Mail Ru in these tabs and uncheck the box;
- It remains to press the button "Apply", then "Ok";
- You will see a window with the message that your changes will take effect after the restart, so you must restart the computer;
- After that, you need to find the folder in which andis the file "Guard Mail Ru" and delete it manually, by right-clicking on the folder "Mail.Ru" and selecting "Delete". This program, as a rule, is installed by default in the following way: From: Program FilesMail.RuAgent.
Now you know how to disable Mail Ru agent!