Hot summer calls you to rest, and go toDo not you want to work at all? So, it's time to leave! Where to go? Crete is an excellent place. Here you will not only relax on the sandy beach, washed by the crystal azure sea, but also touch the ancient history. On this wonderful island there is a feeling that even stones are ready to tell you the most ancient traditions.
However, if you are a practical person and, in addition,to chic to relax, and still think to do shopping, then here for this is a real paradise. Look at the numerous shops and bazaars of the island. There are so many things here that the question of what to bring with Crete, immediately disappears. You'll see, you want everything at once!
The most traditional goods on the island are fur! Furs, coats and fur coats. Widely popular and quality Greek wines and a variety of olives. We continue to enumerate what to bring with Crete. For example, natural Greek cosmetics, which is made on the basis of olive oil. Or jewelry made of gold and silver, which will decorate every woman.
What to bring from Crete for yourself and as a gift
1. So, of course, a fur coat. Everyone who dreams of a fluffy new thing, just have to go to Chania, Rethymno and Heraklion. The cost of fur coat starts from 1.5 thousand euros. You can knock down the price, after bargaining with the seller.
2. Hand-woven woolen fabrics are another no less popular product. Prices for them are much lower than those offered at home. Local craftsmen are ready to offer you air laces and inimitable Cretan tablecloths.
3. If you are still thinking about what to bring with Crete, pay attention to leather products. They are famous for their cut and excellent quality. Tourists like to carry home leather Cretan backpacks of unusual tailoring. In addition, in one of the workshops you can always order a leather thing for every taste. The result will leave you only positive impressions and will be with you for many years. After all, the quality of Cretan leather products at the highest level.
4. Well, fans of quality steel will certainly have to taste the souvenir of Greek knives. Each of them is a unique hand-made work. According to ancient tradition, on the blade of the knife is engraved mandinda. This is an island Greek song. Its text is a kind of message to the one for whom this product is intended.
5. Thinking about what kind of souvenirs to bring with a girl from Crete, be sure to check out the local cosmetics shops. She will love the natural Greek products, which are based on olive oil. All creams and balm have a pleasant smell and well affect the skin. Another plus - a relatively low price. For example, a jar of cream will cost an average of 20 euros, shampoo - 5 euros, and handmade soaps - 3 euros.
6. And another important item on the list of what to bring with Crete - this, of course, is olive oil. After all, it's not a secret that the olive oil produced here is considered the most famous, useful, high-quality and delicious! It has many advantages over those produced in other regions. For example, on the part of unique taste qualities and medicinal properties.
Looking for Cretan souvenirs is bestgo to flea markets. There the lowest prices and a huge selection of products for tourists. In addition, in the main cities of the island are often held special fairs, where a lot of handicrafts of Cretan masters are represented.